With the new Skilled Migrant Category Resident Visa which opened on October 9, 2023, the Government has approved important adjustments to interim visas and interim variations of conditions for applicants, their partners, and dependents.
Effective from the opening date of the new Skilled Migrant Category Resident Visa, interim visa changes will come into effect. These changes are designed to accommodate Skilled Migrant Category Resident Visa applicants while they await the decision on their application.
- Applicants will now receive an interim visa valid for up to 24 months, featuring multiple entry travel provisions.
- This enables them to depart New Zealand and return using the same interim visa within its validity period.
- It’s essential for applicants to be present in New Zealand on the date their visa expires to qualify for an interim visa.
- These alterations to interim visas also extend to partners and dependents of Skilled Migrant Category Resident Visa applicants.
Variations of Conditions
Furthermore, variations of conditions (VOCs) for interim visas are being modified to allow interim visa holders awaiting the outcome of their Skilled Migrant Category Resident Visa application to adjust certain conditions if their circumstances change.
- Considering the 24-month validity of interim visas for Skilled Migrant Category Resident Visa applicants, it’s probable that circumstances may change within this duration. These adjustments have been implemented to enable applicants to modify their visa conditions while awaiting the decision on their applications.
- Eligibility for Skilled Migrant Category Interim Visa VOCs will be based on the specific conditions of the interim visa and the individual situation of the applicants.
- Consequently, not all individuals with identical interim visa conditions will have the same VOC pathway.
- It’s important to note that there is a cost of NZD$210 associated with varying the conditions of a visa.
These changes aim to enhance the experience for applicants and their families throughout the application process.