If the process is not done correctly, some of the risks you face are:
- Hiring ineligible aliens. This can expose your company to heavy fines, a criminal record, bad publicity and imprisonment of management.
- Delays and rejections when dealing with Immigration New Zealand.
- Applying for unnecessarily difficult or restrictive visa categories.
- Incorrect or incomplete visa applications leading to delays.
- Missed deadlines due to a lack of knowledge of New Zealand’s immigration laws, policies and procedures.
- Misunderstanding and accidentally violating the terms and conditions of staff visas – resulting in deportation.