This category is structured to encourage high net worth business people to New Zealand who have a minimum of NZ $3 million in available funds or assets.
There is a limit of 400 investors under this category per annum, and selection is based on a ‘points’ system and submission of an expression of interest, (EOI). You must meet the minimum required number of points to be selected.
The points system is based on:
- Age (maximum 65).
- Business experience (min 3 years).
- English language, (minimum of IELTS overall band score of 3, or equivalent).
- Amount of investment (minimum of NZ $3 million in growth investments).
Selections are made each fortnight. You need to meet the following criteria:
- Spend a minimum of 146 days in New Zealand in the 2nd, 3rd and 4th years of the 4 year investment period.
- Meet Immigration New Zealand’s health and character requirements.
- Keep your nominated funds invested in an acceptable investment in New Zealand for 4 years.
- Learn English.
- Maintain current contact details.
Investments in New Zealand are required to meet certain conditions, including:
- Being capable of earning a commercial return.
- Not being used for personal use.
- Being invested in New Zealand, in NZD.
- Being invested in a lawful enterprise or managed fund.
- Having the potential of contribute to New Zealand’s economy.
You can invest in one or more of:
- Equity in New Zealand firms and registered banks.
- Commercial and residential property developments.
- Philanthropic organisations.
- Angel investments.