Whether you are experienced or new to the adventure of relocation, you face many risks:
- Your apparently generous pay package turns out to be painfully low after complex taxes, cost-of-living adjustments, exchange rates, housing costs etc.
- Even with formal qualifications and a solid professional/technical work history, you face delays and rejections when applying for visas and job applications.
- You could “set a bad precedent” with the government due to an error with your first visa application.
- After arriving in your new country you may face difficulties finding a home, arranging utility connections, mastering the transport system, etc.
- You may struggle with subtle cultural differences.