Whether your company recruits/transfers staff into New Zealand, or assigns staff from New Zealand (or other countries), visa mistakes can cost you heavily.
If the process is not done correctly, some of the risks you face are:
- Hiring ineligible aliens. This can expose your company to heavy fines, a criminal record, bad publicity and imprisonment of management.
- Delays and rejections when dealing with Immigration New Zealand.
- Applying for unnecessarily difficult or restrictive visa categories.
- Incorrect or incomplete visa applications leading to delays.
- Missed deadlines due to a lack of knowledge of New Zealand’s immigration laws, policies and procedures.
- Misunderstanding and accidentally violating the terms and conditions of staff visas – resulting in deportation.